====Testing doc: https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/document/d/1ZeDZ2BxQvf6Yuf4G-0mLIvbNS3oS8bsGlJYqIpUH72I/edit?usp=sharing ====
Places is a new feature on the iOS app. Along with releasing Places to the beta testing group and testing internally, we will be utilizing an unmoderated, task-based user test to test the usability of the feature as well as to receive qualitative feedback on using the feature in a variety of geographic locations. The test will be performed using UserTesting.com
The primary goals of this test are to gain insights on the following aspects of the Places feature:
//Interesting articles near current location//
- Can users locate interesting articles near their current location?
- Can users navigate to their current location?
- Can users successfully pan around the map, zoom in and out and perform searches in subsequent locations?
- What is the (user-reported) quality of top articles?
//Plan for a trip/research//
- Can users successfully locate articles of interest to them in a non-local location?
- Can users successfully save these articles for later?
- Can users successfully view their saved items on the map?
- Can users successfully edit their saved list (either on Saved tab or Places tab)?
- Is messaging (and timing of messaging) related to the benefits of turning on location services (during onboarding or on first load of the Places feature) clear and easy for users to understand?
- Are the icons used throughout the feature (map and list icons in navigation, my location button, tab bar icon) easy for users to recognize and understand?
- Are empty states, warnings and search titles/suggestions clear to users and easy to understand and act upon?
**Navigation + search**
- Can users successfully navigate between the map and list views?
- Can users successfully save, share and read an article from the map view?
- Can users successfully locate and use the ‘my location’ button on the map view?
- Can users successfully navigate to an article from the list view?
- Can users successfully locate and utilize the search bar (including clear their search)?
- Are clusters and pins on the map view easy for users to understand and use?