**Prewarning**: This, so far, is only an idea, and it it not clear yet if it will be realized like that
**Story**: As a user I want to be notified if somebody else saved the page I am currently editing.
- This would be a warning notice on the edit page
- It would be done as a ß-feature (hence security review needed)
- It would only work for js users
- It would not check if an edit conflict might actually happen + just warn that a save has happened
- How often would such a notice be shown?
- Has there been a discussion / decision around that topic already?
**Background**: Improving the edit conflict handling was wish #1 on the 2015 German speaking technical wishes survey.
Wish in English: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Edit_Conflicts
Original wish (in German):