NOTE: The Growth team is still evaluating the learnings from [[ https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T287758 | our users tests ]]. Right now, this task and its subtasks only contain the things we know we want to do -- but more specifications, and more specific specifications will be coming the week of September 13.
This task is a parent task for the frontend specifications for the "add an image" structured task. It also contains some general specifications.
* In our first iteration, we are only building this task for mobile, not desktop.
* The new "add an image" task should be a new task type -- not replacing any legacy task.
* It will be a "Medium" difficulty task.
* We should have a feature flag to turn it on and off by wiki as needed.
* When we deploy the new "add an image" task, we should have the ability to make it the only task type selected for newcomers, as opposed to the current situation in which newcomers have both "add links" and "copyedit" selected, and get feeds containing both. This is similar to how we deployed for "add a link".
* [[ https://www.figma.com/file/ULhJr1isDstRbGE5vjYDsr/Add-images-structured-task-%5BGrowth%5D?node-id=2342%3A8050 | Figma ]]: canonical mockups (NOT YET ACTIONABLE -- final mockups TBD, but will be located at that link).
* //TBD document//: contains final copy and QQQ messages.
* [[ https://growth-add-image-iteration1.web.app/ConceptB_en/newcomer_homepage.html#article01 | Mobile interactive prototype ]]: may not contain exact visual designs