===Planning Document: ===
[[ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dOhbuQtPElIgyJS07S17aW9CJxX49cPufxnkadH5yPk/edit | Google Doc ]]
Before diving into any edits, tweaks or redesigns for the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor | Visual Editor ]], we need to know what is currently working in the web editing experience and where there is room for improvement. A [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_evaluation | heuristic evaluation ]] will give us an opportunity to methodically review the usability of key touchpoints. This review will focus on the mobile editing experience for Wikipedia editors using the Visual Editor.
===Goals of Study:===
1. Identify what works well in the current mobile visual editor experience
2. Identify opportunities for usability improvements to core tasks of mobile web editing.
3. Set the stage for prototyping of new ideas.
- The heuristic evaluation will utilize the [[ https://www.nngroup.com/articles/ten-usability-heuristics/ | 10 Heuristics for User Interface Design]] and mobile heuristics developed by the product team
- A heuristic evaluation is not a substitute for [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usability_testing | usability testing ]], we will be doing usability testing to confirm the findings of the heuristic review
==To do before study can begin:===
[ ] Identify what heuristics we will be evaluating
[ ] Recruit 1- 3 additional evaluators
===To do after study:===
[ ] Write up and share findings by integrating them into the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Visual-based_mobile_editing/Mobile_editing_documentation | mobile report ]]
[ ] Determine questions for the usability test