http://www.videojs.com looks nice. Let's play
[[ http://tools.wmflabs.org/hartman/mediawiki-dev/index.php?title=Player_demo | Get your demo here ! ]]
Quick Checklist/missing stuff
 Thumbnail mode, like current popupthumbs, but better ? ideas ? T133500
- The use case here is category pages and thumbnail sizes that are significantly smaller than the higher available size of the thumbnailed video.
- Currently these open in a dialog
- Future options:
- Got a version with oojs ui modal dialog
- reflow the page and use 100% page width, with a max of 600px or something
- Got this working with experimental hacks for the demo. This is NOT a long term proper implementation just yet :)
[x] Loading i18n files
- Needs RL'ifying
[x] Multi resolution support:
- https://github.com/kmoskwiak/videojs-resolution-switcher ( VideoJS 5+ support and greater support over deciding resoulutions. )
- Mostly done.
- Our labels/resolutions is different from how it is encoded in this plugin. Make this configurable inisde that plugin ?
- currently blocked on https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/334
- https://github.com/streamroot/videojs-quality-picker might be a cleaner alternative ?
[x] play button on centre of player
- we won't do this, because for mwembed there is a request to have it off-center
[x] start from offset (slightly broken in multiple videos per page)
[x] Doing this with native media fragments
[x] Needs ogv.js support [[ https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/381 | Upstream ticket ]]
[x] Add ogv.js tech plugin to Video.js
 Support for audio player
[x] We need a separate skin mode for audio player
[x] The skin needs to be better sizable to small sizes
 We need support for audio captioning
 Fix rendering of slider in small player (video.js error about number of elements in controls)
 iFrame embed support
- Doesn't work. <https://test2.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Arborophila_brunneopectus_pair_feeding_-_Kaeng_Krachan.ogv&embedplayer=yes>.
- Height is broken on embedded player when using video.js.
- Advertise it on regular usage. Perhaps via plugin that adds an embed code panel: https://github.com/guardian/videojs-embed
 mw-srt codec
 Add support to TMH for WebVTT instead ?
- We could convert all SRT files to WebVTT ? Using a bot
- The more I ponder on this, the more I think we need to lay down a lot more groundwork for TimedText
- [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler/TimedTextRework | TimedText rework ]]
 smaller ‘big play button’ ?
 preserve users last selected resolution
 preserve users last selected volume level
- We can drop this feature, it's not used that much I think
- This is really needed and sorely missed atm.
- Use: http://theonion.github.io/videojs-endcard/ ?
[x] link to file description page T132493
 separate TMH from playback technology (have hooks to register player RL modules ?)
 Ideas for future improvements
 Related videos
[x] Replay button [[ https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/286761/ | ChangeID ]]
 [[ http://stackoverflow.com/a/31570243 | Airplay ]] and [[ https://github.com/benjipott/video.js-chromecast | ChromeCast ]] support
 poster for audio files
- Probably we don't need this, but then we also shouldn't SET a poster
- Another point that will complicate the migration however...