This task is about analyzing how people are engaging with the V2.0 of the new Replying feature to help determine:
- Should the replying feature be deployed as an opt-out user Preference on the four target wikis?
- What – if any – changes should be made to the workflow before the feature is deployed to more people?
This task/analysis, comes as a follow up to the initial analysis the team did as part of the release of V1.0. More information about that analysis can be found in this ticket: T247138.
=== Open questions
- [ ] How long after v2.0 is released should this analysis happen?
=== Workflow engagement metrics
//This section is still being drafted. Once complete, it will continue the information needed make the two decisions listed above.//
**1. Are people publishing the replies they start?**
- % of people who click reply AND who start typing a comment
- % of people who start typing a comment AND who publish their comment to page
**2. Are people abandoning the replies they start?**
- % of people who start typing a comment AND who actively abandon their comment
**3. Are people satisfied with the feature?**
- % of people who publish at least one comment and turn off DiscussionTools in Beta Features
- Of the people who have made at least 1 edit with the Replying workflow, the % of people who posted 1, 2-5, 5-10 and 10+ comments
**4. Are people posting disruptive comments?**
- % of comments posted using Replying workflow that are reverted
- # of people blocked after posting a reply using DiscussionTools
- % of comments posted using Replying workflow that are made in good faith
**5. What text input mode (`source` or `visual`) should be shown to people who do not already have a preference set?**
//⚠️Consider the metrics below ideas...these metrics need further refinement.//
- % of published comments drafted using the `Visual` mode by experience level
- % of published comments drafted using the `Source` mode by experience level
- % of published comments drafted that involved a contributor switching from the `Source` to the `Visual` and vice versa
- [ ] Analysis is completed that contains the "Workflow engagement metrics" listed above