[MediaWikiAnalysis](https://github.com/MetricsGrimoire/MediaWikiAnalysis) is a tool to collect statistics from MediaWiki sites, via the MediaWiki API. It is a part of the [MetricsGrimoire toolset](https://github.com/MetricsGrimoire), and it is currently [used for getting information from the MediaWiki.org site](http://korma.wmflabs.org/browser/mediawiki.html), among others.
The stats currently collected by MediaWiki are only a part of what is feasible to collect, and the tool itself could be improved. Some possible directions:
# Explore in detail the MediaWiki API and extract as much information from it as possible.
# Improve efficiency and incremental retrieval of data
# Propose (and if possible, implement) changes to the MediaWiki API if needed, to support advanced collection of data.
# Use SQLAlchemy instead of MySQLdb for managing the MediaWikiAnalysis database.
- Skills: Python, SQL, PHP (only in case of proposing changes to MediaWiki API)
- Mentors: Alvaro del Castillo, Daniel Izquierdo, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
* Primary mentor: //(Phabricator username)//
* Co-mentor: //(Phabricator username)//
* Other mentors: //(optional, Phabricator username)//
* Skills: Python, SQL, PHP (only in case of proposing changes to MediaWiki API)
* Estimated project time for a senior contributor: //(must be 2-3 weeks)//
* Microtasks: //(links to Phabricator tasks that must be completed in order to become a strong candidate)//