## Top priorities
### Strengthen: Build out the REST API
- Focus on speeding up [high-traffic end points](https://grafana.wikimedia.org/#/dashboard/db/api-requests) by making them cacheable
- Ensure overall API consistency while publishing new services.
- Key result: Provide cached & purged REST API entry points for at least two high-traffic API use cases.
### Focus: Set up an event bus and change propagation solution
- In collaboration with #analytics, set up a shared publish / subscribe event bus, and define a set of common events (edits, renames, account creations etc).
- Design and implement a basic dependency tracking system with the ability to track dependencies across projects.
- Leverage the event bus and dependency tracking system to proactively propagate changes.
- Key result: Key change events like edits, renames, deletes available in a publish-subscribe event bus. Basic change propagation / pre-generation functionality for REST services operational.
### Experiment: Prototype an API-driven web front-end
- In collaboration with the reading & performance teams, prototype a client / edge side API-driven front-end with good support for device, connectivity, use case and user customization (T111588).
- Key result: Gather information to inform our longer-term front-end architecture by prototyping a service-worker / node.js based front-end.
- Determine API needs
- Define page component interfaces
- Get performance and compatibility data
- Estimate the effort needed for a full production version