NOTE: 360 Photos is a **mainstream** media type.
**Problem:** Articles & MediaViewer doesn't support it.
**Who would benefit: **Readers and editors of wikis/Wikipedia technical articles, architecture and nature related article would benefit . Wikiversity learning resources, learning projects, and research will get benefit.
**Proposed solution:**we have [[ https://tools.wmflabs.org/panoviewer/?action=edit#(Pano_Spherique)_Eglise_Sainte-Marie_de_Quarante_France.jpg | this tool ]] ; and it's excellent (created by [[ https://github.com/mpetroff/pannellum/releases/tag/2.3.0?action=edit | Matthew Petroff;Pannellum 2.3.0) ]]. now we have to enable , 360 photo support in MediaWiki component Media Viewer (by default) . It can be a subproject of #MediaWiki-extensions-MultimediaViewer & #MediaWiki-Gallery . Or , as a #BetaFeatures .. Existing solutions :
- [[ https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/photo?action=edit | "Facebook photo API ]] can be a good practice. There is [[ https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/get-started/embeds?action=edit |embed technic ]].
- - "[[ https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/?action=edit | Google photo api ]]" & [[ https://developers.google.com/picasa-web/?action=edit | embed & technic ]].
- - [[ https://kuula.co/page/features?action=edit | Kuula API ]] is perfect for every platform, device and browser.
- - 360 photo hosting site [[ https://www.facebook.com/pg/360cities/about/?action=edit | 360cities.com ]] has some unique solution.
- - [[ https://theta360.com/en/?action=edit | Ricoh Theta ]] & [[ http://www.tour-hosting.com/index.html | tour-hosting]] have some other solution.
- - [[ http://www.snap36.com/about/?action=edit | Snap36 ]] is the premier provider of scalable and cost effective 360° &
- - Example of Dual-Axis spin photography
- - 3D product imagery.
- - And there is some [[ https://www.sitepoint.com/10-jquery-panorama-image-display-plugins/ | jQuery Plugins]].