Umbrella for map related tasks. Map section will be further developed later.
New Mapbox-based maps
[x] The main map T261560
 Map display option for a component
 Image location map in the Image viewer
 Forthcoming Image geolocating tool
The main map
 The map is displayed when the Wikidata item has a coordinate. More detail: How to manage multiple points for the same topic
 The OSM shape is displayed when available
The below note relate to the old map, and are not yet reviewed.
[x] The map should be made non-zoomable by default, and zoomable after click
 The center point for nearby items is the map center, and not the item coordinates. Often the nearby items are displayed from far from the item itself.
 The display language for nearby items should be fixed
 The historical maps modal stretches outside viewport, clicking buttons is not possible
 The list of maps is not dynamic?
 The historical maps should not be displayed as default
 Better design of map pins: Display basic data, Image opens Image Viewer, make clustering display for map pins (can also be a collection of images for an item)
 Use styles for the map
 Better design of related images
 Display any gallery component as map if data exists
 The zoom level seems to be based on the historical map. The level should better reflect the topic’s scale (but how)
 Read item boundaries and subareas from Sophox.
 Zoom map with the help of the boundary.
- Read s- Scanned maps from more external sources via API layers T230182
- Manage historical maps sourcesp layers UI design similarly to image sources:es: Similar design for grid, similar menus for actions, display in the ImageViewer but with map tools. Upload similarly to Wikimedia Commons.
- External geodata: Read shapes from external repositories, saving them in Wikimedia Commons or Open Historical Map or elsewhere in the context of the topic. Display data overlays (which ones, how are they linked, stored etc). saving them in Wikimedia Commons or Open Historical Map or elsewhere in the context ofAllow users to verify and curate the topicdata.
- Establish story components and use to create map storiesCollections: Allow users to find and link data sources to topics. This could take place within "projects", shared broader topics with an editor community consisting of individuals and organisations. Maybe also possible for a single user...
- Display data overlay- Mapstories (which ones, how are they linked, stored etc)
- Linkikidocumentaries) Create narrative sequences including geographic datasetmaterials and queries to a topiclocation data.
- Create a verification process to add subareas to Wikidata.
Scanned maps workflow / Map tools (work with interfaces, many features exist already)
- Wikimaps Warper (use existing API, create lightweight interfaces)
- Geographic map search (exists, make more prominent, fix errors)
- ID for OpenHistoricalMap
- Upload and save data to Commons