There is a proposal to start organizing SWAT deployments on maniphest.
Managing the SWAT windows on the [[wikitech:Deployments]] page sucks. It's hard to edit and it's yet another place to manage (instead of in Phab where the tasks (and links to gerrit commits) live). Let's see if we can put it all in Phab.
**Needed phab infrastructure**
* A #SWAT project in Phab
** That project would have 3 columns in its workboard
*** Next 15:00 SWAT
*** Next 23:00 SWAT
1. There's a bug that gets fixed in master
2. Someone decides it's worthy of backporting and SWATing out
3. They create a separate (clean) task and add that to the #SWAT project
** In that task description, you need:
*** Who will test this?
*** IRC nick?
*** Why is this being SWAT'd and not waiting for the train?
4. They make the backports and link them to that task (in the commit message so the Gerrit bot does it)
5. They move the task into the appropriate #SWAT workboard column (either 15:00 UTC or 23:00 UTC)
6. During the SWAT window the SWATer goes through that column in the order of their choosing.
7. Normal SWAT window etiquette (be there, respond to pings, test post-deploy)
8. Someone moves that ticket into the Done column when done.