This task [and its subtasks] is about the work involved with instrumenting both the existing and revised adding/modifying links and citations workflows on mobile, in VE.
We know what proportion of edits using the visual editor involve using common editing features.  We do not //yet// know how many contributors take which actions //within// these workflows. We are pursuing instrumentation to help us answer questions related to this second part. Questions like...
- What % of contributors who start to add/modify a link and citation are successful in doing so? How do these proportions compare across the existing and revised workflows?
-- This kind of information could be helpful in identifying opportunities to make adjustments that will help these contributors find their way (read: be successful in) adding/modifying links/citations.
This work sits within our larger effort to improve the mobile edit completion rate. Work that depends on us being able to know what contributors actually do after starting an editing session.
- [ ] What events/actions need to/can be instrumented to help us answer the questions above?
- [ ] What changes need to be made to which schema?
- [ ] What is blocking work on instrumentation from beginning?
- [ ] How will we be able to interact with the data our instrumentation/event logging is gathering?
- [ ] .
- [ ] .