Splitting from bug 57512.
(In reply to bug 57512 comment #12)
> >unless we can get lucky in being able to find them with the
> >search engine without false positives
> You'd have to get really lucky, since from what I understand, the search
> does not index flow posts.
> >The non-updating of link tables also makes it impossible to search for external
> >links (e.g. to find past discussions of the reliability of a source), or to
> >find discussions that link to some page, or to find discussions that use an
> >image, and so on.
> Or to find everywhere the spambots added linkspam to a specific website
(In reply to bug 57512 comment #13)
> (In reply to comment #12)
> > >unless we can get lucky in being able to find them with the
> > >search engine without false positives
> > You'd have to get really lucky, since from what I understand, the search
> > engine
> > does not index flow posts.
> Sounds like that should be another blocker for bug 60178. Is there a bug for
> that yet?
Merge from Trello:
This card is for engineer to pick up Matthias work, answer more questions from checklist below, then meet with Danny/S/Nick and Nik and Chad (and other interested developers) to figure out how to get Flow Topic search results in site search.
* Part of https://trello.com/c/nIDJHl8s/
==== Questions to answer ====
*  how could CirrusSearch index Topic text?
*  how would edits & replies to a Topic trigger CirrusSearch reindexing?
*  Could `intitle:math` work for topic's title rather than only the Topic: *S0n4m7q632z8ycpv* page title?
*  will CirrusSearch index HTML of pages or wikitext? Note wikitext will match content text expanded using latest templates whereas posts don't use latest templates until re-edited.
*  will Topic search work for wikis using Flow but not CirrusSearch extension?
*  can relevance ranking of search results prefer topic title, then reply text?
*  what about the other [Full text search](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:CirrusSearch#Full_text_search) features like `prefix` and `Topic:math` ?
*  how can we get Nik and Chad to do all the work?
*  Should https://trello.com/c/dTRhYBdY be a separate card?
*  can site search show topic h2 title instead of Topic: *S0n4m7q632z8ycpv* ?
*  can we support existing `prefix:Talk:Some_Flow_board` to search within topics that appeared on a particular Flow board?
*  can we support ` prefix:Talk:Beta_Features/` to search across all the Beta features Flow boards that are subpages of Talk:Beta_Features?