It seems like images uploaded by Riksbot, at least from Digitalarkivet, somehow has another sha1sum than the same images available at their web site. An example is [[https://foto.digitalarkivet.no/fotoweb/archives/5003-Historiske%20foto/Indekserte%20Bilder/L0062_965Fo30141701300043.tif.info | Louis Armstrong at their site]] ([[https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L0062_965Fo30141701300043.jpg | available at Commons ]]), and compare to [[https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Louis_Armstrong_til_Oslo_og_konserter_-_L0062_965Fo30141701300043.jpg | Louis Armstrong at Commons]].
- b0c82538e81f17eeb340f87dc622a1b3d4818c11 louis1.jpg (from foto.digitalarkivet.no)
- 50b08d0ac86e7a7fb2c231dde2679d8c942d29dc louis2.jpg (from commons)
- 87d04775b160e4ee73609abb501ab1c2 louis1.jpg (from foto.digitalarkivet.no)
- 3446eb3be7fdf5f48035b8fb263deb56 louis2.jpg (from commons)
- 7b9fd274742a6ac0e4c708ad3d3c80536dc54939f69b9bd039830ddcc2fff012 louis1.jpg (from foto.digitalarkivet.no)
- c420cd14d1f984d3f07558bf6018772a8b3b113948c917b7ee1441268c9ee4c8 louis2.jpg (from commons)
A few failing images wouldn't be a big deal, but this is not just a few images. The category for the magazine NÅ! contains 6500 images.
It could be a problem with the bot (Riksbot, non-standard bot, added invisible metadata?), it could be a problem with the software at Arkivverket (PhotoStation, perhaps watermarking?), and it could also be something weird going on at Commons (the test images was downloaded from Commons).
If nothing else works, then a proper fingerprinting of the images at Commons should be implemented.
The downloaded test images are to large for Phabricator, so must be downloaded from Commons. Ask me if you need my files.