**Feature job story for Q1 and Q2**
As a Wikipedia editor with an Android device, I want to efficiently respond to actionable notifications and effectively communicate with other users about improving wikipedia projects.
Target users have a more intuitive and enhanced communication interface to reduce barriers for productively collaborating with other Wikipedians to increase confidence while improving wikiprojects.
We currently support article and user talk pages in the Android app. However, there are user workflows we have not deliberately thought about. This quarter we want to enhance our existing talk page experience and explore new feature ideas to fill gaps that exist in user workflows as it relates to unlocking collaboration between users. It is a priority that our discussion experience feels at home on the Android platform but doesn’t disrupt the workflows of users using other platforms.
While we will try to accommodate logged out users, our priority is logged in users. We will build on our preliminary communications work and notifications work from last quarter.
By the end of this fiscal year, we hope to improve collaboration workflows that encourage productive edits and engagement. Additionally, we hope to sufficiently address the concerns raised on village pump and Phabricator, that are within our ability to address.
**Q1 Product Requirements**
**How will we know we were successful?**
- Talk Namespace edits through Android app modern messaging interface has a growth rate 10% higher than mobile web, iOS and the Android app baseline.
- Target users will make an edit or post on a talk page within 10 days of clicking a notification at double the current rate
- 70% of usability testers with demographics of our target user group report preferring the modern interface over the original
- At least 60% of participating validation group members reports a lack of disruption to their workflows
More information will be available on our [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/Communication | project page ]]
- [[ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TFYMy0UvhIF1R4cY8yfP-lU20CTNmOrC3ItJWfTGAIc/edit# | Q2 Product Document ]]
- [[ https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PUJFHLBi2QE10MPeUC9TNvPTCvqeY66NfmPwuZGw204/edit#slide=id.gda44b48549_0_1493 | Strategy Deck ]]