We should track what percentage of the codebase is being tested, probably on travis.
$ coverage-2.7 run --source=pywikibot setup.py test
http://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/cover.html also works:
$ nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=pywikibot tests
I've uploaded our current coverage stats to
Coverage data is being sent to https://codecov.io/github/wikimedia/pywikibot-core for the Travis builds.
Still to do:
* coverage of subprocesses
* Appveyor (win32) builds
* Jenkins/`tox` integration
* coverage of failed jobs is usually still important data; incidental errors/failures in tests shouldnt cause our coverage percentages to decrease.
* send coverage data to a location where it is accessible
* Travis coverage data should include `generate_*` used before the tests.
* Exclude `.eggs` from coverage data