The Time Period Selector enables users to select how far back in time they wish Recent Changes to search.
==Time Period Selector Functions
- The selector is accessed by means of a button visible on the main interface. The button shows the currently selected timer period, along with a calendar icon and a downward-facing arrow.
- Clicking the button opens a menu that lists:
- "Recent hours", with the following choices: 1, 2, 6, 12
- "Recent days", with the choices: 1, 3, 7, 14, 30
- When the user makes a selection, the following things happen:
# In the menu, the selection remains highlighted in blue
# The top-level button label changes to reflect the new selection (e.g., "7 days" changes to "2 hours").
# The search results update to implement the new parameter.
!!@Pginer-WMF, please see note below, which says we're saving the Custom Time Period selector for a later phase. With that, please provide an illustration and production guide for the more limited feature described here. Once you've done that, go ahead and delete this note and move this to RFP. Thanks.== Design details
Layout guidelines are shown below:
For the icon we can use the standard "calendar" icon from [[ https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/demos/#icons-wikimediaui-ltr-desktop | the icon repo ]] even though that differs a bit from the one used in the mockups.
(This ticket does not include support for custom period selection, !!which is just kept for future reference in T162784#3330522 )