//(Notes from Wikimania Hackathon.)//
The pagelist creation process is difficult for new users, and not particularly fast for experienced users.
Aspects of the required user interface (which is at `Special:Pagelist`):
* A grid of thumbnails, e.g. 40 per page.
* Some number per page, with pagination controls (to jump to last few pages, or middle few pages).
* Under each thumbnail is a select list of common text labels and a text-input box for numbering.
* The text labels are e.g. 'title', 'ToC', etc. as well as 'roman' for starting roman numbering (returning to arabic with 'arabic').
* The current calculated full page numbering (as seem on the index page) is shown under each thumbnail as well.
* At any point, the pagelist can be saved (this is done without page-refresh)
* Whenever the pagelist is saved, the calculated numbering is updated live in order that the user can see where is still incorrect.
* Each thumbnail can be zoomed into (but doing so crops the image when enlarging, rather than making it take up more space on the page).