This is a parent task for the #Anti-Harassment Tools team (including @nettrom_WMF) to measure the effectiveness of sitewide and partial blocks at stopping harm to Wikimedia wikis.
More information can be found at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_health_initiative/Measuring_the_effectiveness_of_blocks
**Data points to gather**
Weekly and monthly...
Number of users who
- receive a sitewide block
- receive a sitewide, non-indefinite block
- have a sitewide block which expires
- have a sitewide block which expires, then do not receive another sitewide block
- have a sitewide block which expires, then do not receive another sitewide block, who make 1+ edit
- receive a partial block
- have a partial block who make 1+ edit
- have a partial block who do not receive a sitewide block OR have pages added to their partial block OR have their expiration date extended
Number of pages which
* are protected OR have their protection level escalated