This task is about improving basic affordances for mobile VE users through a toolbar design refresh###Todo
- [ ] Update "Definition of 'done'"
This task includes the work involved with refreshing the mobile VisualEditor editing toolbar. It is a part of our team's [broader effort](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor_on_mobile#Problem_statement) to increase the likelihood contributors will have success making quick edits on-the-go.
We know from [our research](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yc7hw9kxM3un80rOPupx97fIOVOhv2Ux6cCJLEnxpk8/edit#slide=id.g42b03c8b9f_1_70) contributors' success making quick edits on-the-go using the mobile VisualEditor, depends – in part – on their ability to identify the right editing tools at the right moment.
**User story:**Trouble is, mobile VisualEditor's existing editing toolbar (where these editing tools live), can make it difficult for contributors to:
**When **I am making a reactive correction,- Find the tools they need to make an edit/change
**I want to **be able to identify and use the correct editing tools
**so that I can** easily make the changes that I want to do.
**General requirements:**- Understand where they are in the course of their edit(s)
- Recover from a mistake
We intend to address these issues by "refreshing" (read: redesigning) the existing toolbar to meet the criteria below.
- [ ] Core editing tools  are "easy" to identify
- [ ] It is clear where contributors are in the course of their edit(s)
- [ ] It is clear how to go "forwards" and "backwards" (read: it is clear how to recover form a mistake; it is clear what to do to publish your edit)
- **Platform: ** Mobile VE
- **Languages:** All
- **Target users: **[[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_Editor_Experiences | Josef the Reactive Corrector ]] (minus the geographic specificity of the persona)
- **Eventlogging**: TBD
- **QA Testing**: TBD
###Definition of "done"
- [ ] Write design brief T218177
- [ ] Research mobile keyboard behaviors and events on iOS and Android and identify IME behaviors that will need additional design treatment T211788
- [x] Wireframe the entire flow of brainstorm sketch T211786
- [ ] Develop a working toolbar prototype by making edits to the toolbar code and bringing the desktop context menus to mobile T211789
- [ ] Design a Test for prototype T211787
- [ ] Perform test on prototype T211790
1. **Core editing tools**: Adding/modifying links, adding/modifying citations, formatting text