On many RC Pages, the community has defined a large number of links that display directly under the page name. Many of these links are unrelated or only peripherally related to Recent Changes. They put noise in the signal of what the page is about, and research shows (T166623) that the bulk of them are used only rarely or never. To reduce the informational complexity of the page and clarify its functionality — while recognizing that these links are useful to some users—we will put the links into a collapsible panel.
- The panel will continue to display the links and other functions as they are displayed now.
- Community members will continue to be able to create and manage links as they do now.
- The default panel state will be open.
- The panel will, however, remember whatever state the user leaves it in. So, for example, if a user closes the panel and then closes the page, when she returns to the page, the panel will be closed.
==Interface / UX
- At the top of the panel a link reads: Other review tools and links [down arrow]
- Clicking the link expands the panel; the link turns gray, however, clicking on the link a second time will collapse the panel again.
- Meanwhile, inside the panel an up arrow is displayed in the right corner. Clicking the up arrow collapses the panel. !!@Pginer-WMF, two questions about the up arrow: 1) the down arrow is blue; should the up arrow be blue? 2) wouldn't the up arrow be more discoverable/logical if it just stayed where it is and reversed?!!
[[ http://pauginer.github.io/prototypes/edit-review/simplified-filters/index.html | This prototype ]] show the panel in action.