== Project description ==
The Upload to Commons app is an Android app that allows users to easily upload pictures from their mobile device to the Wikimedia Commons database. This project improves the image categorization functionality of the app by offering relevant category suggestions based on geolocation, and making category search more flexible.
=== Category suggestions based on geolocation ===
1. If a picture with geolocation is uploaded, nearby category suggestions are offered based on the categories of other Commons images with similar coordinates
2. If a picture with no geolocation is uploaded, nearby category suggestions are offered based on the user's current location. This is optional and only works if enabled in Settings.
=== More flexible category search ===
Category search (when typing in the search field) has been made more flexible
== Missing features/known bugs ==
The list of missing features and known bugs can be found on [[ https://github.com/nicolas-raoul/apps-android-commons/issues | GitHub issues ]].
== Links ==
- Google Play download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.free.nrw.commons
- GitHub [[ https://github.com/nicolas-raoul/apps-android-commons | project page ]]
- #commons-app-android-upload board on Phabricator
- GitHub [[ https://github.com/nicolas-raoul/apps-android-commons/wiki/Category-suggestions-(readme) | wiki ]] summary
- MediaWiki [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Commons | manual ]]
- Commons [[ https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Mobile_app | manual ]]