= Project Information
* Name of tool/project: WikipediaExtracts extension
* Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikipediaExtracts
* Name of team requesting review: @Sophivorus
* Primary contact: @t: [[ https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Sophivorus/ | Sophivorus ]]
* Target date for deployment: April 2017
* Link to code repository / patchset: rhttps://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/EWPE/
* Programming Language(s) Used: PHP
== Description of the tool/project
The WikipediaExtracts extension allows you to insert content extracted directly from Wikipedia into any MediaWiki wiki. The content extracted comes in the form of limited wikitext, omitting leading templates, links to files or pages, etc., so it looks great on any wiki.
== Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
On the English Wikiversity, to allow them to easily
First two use cases are the Spanish and English Wikiversities. Many pages there contain copy-pasted content from Wikipedia, to give general descriptions of topics that are subsequently developed in various directions. This extensions would allow users to extract content from Wikipedia into Wikiversity ([[ https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiversity:Colloquium/archives/October_2016#Add_the_Extension:WikipediaExtracts | see this discussion ]])directly, specially definitions and introductions, therefore keeping the content up-to-date with the latest from Wikipedia, and properly attributing credit.
n/aThis extension has no dependencies, but in order to extract content from Wikipedia, it needs the Extension:TextExtracts to be enabled on Wikipedia (it currently is).
== Has this project been reviewed before? ==
n/aThe extension has been code reviewed, but not security reviewed, see T149766
== Working test environment ==
Mhttp://mediaWiki standard installationwiki.solutions/WikipediaExtracts