The AbuseFilter extension has a limitation on the amount of conditions all combined active filters can utilize on every publish event. The current threshold for ENWP is 1,000 conditions. These conditions are in place for performance reasons. These limitations were put in place years ago and we may be able to safely raise this threshold with little or no actual performance problems.
This ticket is to answer some of these questions.
* How much of a performance impact does AbuseFilter currently cause on ENWP?
* How much of a performance impact does AbuseFilter currently cause on a few other communities?
* To what degree would increasing the condition count (e.g. to 2,000) result in more failed publishes?
* To what degree would increasing the condition count (e.g. to 2,000) result in a slower publish process for the end user?
* In which order do the filters run? Numerical ascending?