As a user, it would be cool if I could navigate to settings, enable Beta features, and immediately see and interact with the individual beta features.
The user taps the menu and selects Settings, enables Beta features and must now tap save. At this point, the user can return to settings and interact with the beta features.
When the user enables Beta features, the features are immediately displayed, and the user can interact with them. Tapping save would confirm enabling beta features and set the applicable features as well.
= Current features that are in beta
== Proposed design
Click through prototype
= Acceptance Criteria
- The features are listed under Beta
- Until user enables beta, the features look disabled
- If user toggles beta, the features becomes enabled with green tick mark
- With beta features with individual setting, the setting will go in the place of the tick mark
note: Currently, all beta features listed above will be included. We will be promoting them separately after the change.
== Product plan
The prototype above has 6 of our experimental features
| Name | has control? | promote to stable?
| Font changer | Yes | Yes
| Expand section| Yes | Yes
| Lazy load references | No | Yes
| Jump to top | No | No
| Wikidata desc | No | No
| Categories button | No | No
== Order of tasks
1. Change the way we offer font size choices
2. Change the Checkboxes to ToggleSwitches in Settings
3. Promote font size choice to stable
4. Promote expand section setting to stable
5. Create Beta ToggleSwitch and show the beta features with states