For the results of the Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 Showcase in Lyon, see T96378.
The Wikimania Hackathon Showcase will be taking place on the final day of Wikimania.
This is where I could use the most help from people like @siebrand , @aklapper , @spage & @qgil
I am assigning this task to Siebrand, but Andre and S can help a lot too!
@siebrand and I can run the showcase from stage
Everyone else can help:
- Get developers from the hackathon sign up to present, anything interesting done at the hackathon should be in the showcase.
- Help guide presenters in making sure everyones presentations are interesting to both developers and editors.
- Creating documentation on showcase presentation best practices. Including time of each presentation, pro-tips on how to have a successful presentation. Example: In Lyon some teams pre-made videos that demoed their work which worked out really well.
- Create, order and populate the eitherpad with the list of projects that will be presented and relevant links... similar to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T96378
- By word of mouth at the hackathon, make sure people know when the showcase is and that they should be there even if they are not presenting