As a user, I want to download a copy of the "User data" ( T208636 ) and "Contribution data" (T208877 ) that the Foundation keeps about me. This ticket tracks the development of a user-interface element that will enable me to get these downloads.
- - **Pages: ** the downloadable report(s) will be available from both the Contributions page and the "User profile" tab of preferences.
- **Possible language: **due to the unknowns (below), it's impossible to fully specify this UI. But the language will be something along the lines of:
- Download my account and contribution data
Until we know a little more about how resource-intenseive the downloads will be, it's hard to specify this UI properly. Unknowns include:
- **One report or multiple?** Will we have one download for both Contribution and User Data reports? Or (presumably because file size and/or time is an issue) will users select from among multiple reports—e.g., some subset of Account data, Preferences, My Edits, My Logged Actions...
- **All data or by time slice? ** If the files are really, really big, we might give users the option of selecting by time slice—e.g., one year at a time.