We still use doxygen to generate our php documentation. But let's be honest. It's terrible...
As we have further improved our documentation quality and consistency, our coding style etc, CI of our code, our generated documentation has been rather neglected so far, and none more than our [[ https://doc.wikimedia.org/mediawiki-core/master/php/ | MediaWiki Core documentation ]].
Doxygen is ancient
* Has a terrible reader experience in the default skin
* Doesn't mark deprecated functions, in the method overview, since etc.
* Search function is not too bright. Search for OutputPage, now try to reach the OutputPage class result... (I don't care about all the methods inside OutputPage)
We should consider alternate options like:
* Sami: [[ http://api.symfony.com/2.6/index.html | Symfony example ]]
* Apigen: [[ http://docs.aws.amazon.com/aws-sdk-php/v3/api/ | AWS example ]]
* PHPdox: [[ http://phpdox.de/demo/PHPUnit/index.xhtml | phpdoc example ]]
* PHPDocumenter: [[ http://demo.phpdoc.org/Clean/ | Example ]]
* What does Facebook use ? :)
* Fix up doxygen to be better.