The Number of Changes Selector enables users to select how many changes they wish to see in Recent Changes results. In addition to the functions described in T162786, the tool will also include an option for 'Oldest first' mode.
- The menu also includes the following "Sorting" options, with associated radio buttons: "Newest first", "Oldest first"
- Clicking "Oldest first" causes the Results to re-sort, so that the result at the top of the list comes from 30 x 24 hours ago, and all the other changes are displayed in chronological order from that point.
- When results are in "Oldest first" mode:
- The "View newest changes" link is not displayed.
- Live Updates is unavailable and the button is grayed out.
- The "Newer X" and "Older X" pagination buttons continue to do what their names suggest: however, this means the direction of navigation they facilitate is reversed. E.g., "Newer X" takes users "back" away from the RC Page and toward what's now the bottom of the queue (where results are newest), while the "Older X" pagination button takes users toward the top of the queue and the main RC Page (where results are oldest).