Name : Haritha H
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
IRC : haritha_
Blog : harithaharikumar.wordpress.com
Github : www.github.io/haritha28
Gerrit : https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/owner:Haritha28+status:merged,n,z:
Time zone: UTC +5:30(IST- India)
Location: Kerala, India
Primary Mentor: @Jhernandez
I am a FOSS evangelist, Computer Science major from Amrita School of Engineering, India. I started contributing to Open Source through Mediawiki doing small bug fixing. Having worked with the different kinds of bugs in a different environment, improved my ability to analyze the code and submit relevant patches. As a newbie, I was encouraged by the community on various platforms like mailing lists, IRC, which kept me involved and motivated was the constant support from the community.
Operating Systems : GNU/Linux, Windows
Version Control System: Git
Per week : More than 45 hours
Weekdays(Monday-Friday) : 5:00 p.m - 2 :00 a.m
Weekends : 9:00 a.m - 11 :00 p.m
The Reading List comes from the idea of Community WishList, which was a consultation made to Wikimedia community members to see what important things they would like to see built.
==Why do we need Reading List?==
As we user stumbles upon to read an interesting article, and we put to read it later as we are not having enough time. It’s an idea worth considering even when we are having different ways to bookmark pages, as we hope upon to get some features like remarks, to-do, reminders in bookmarks which are not available. Reading List could be a solution for these issues.
Reading list would be implemented as extension/external tool/ android app which is currently under discussion.
**__Overview:__** Watchlist basically allows us to keep a track of the “watched pages”, Reading List could be implemented as a properly generalised watchlist that could be a personal reading list which add to the feature of Reading List being private.
=====2.Sorted according to dates:=====
**__Overview:__** Sorting the data according to the date makes it more easier for the user to check on the data based on the dates.
**__Overview:__** Reading List could perform the following:
- //Adding Tags:// A standard set of keywords are specified for the users to choose a tag from. The user gets to create a new tag if he/she wants. It would also be good to add a description box along with the tags if necessary.
- //One-Click to Add:// As some users need to add the pages in one click we could provide a one-click button to add. Ignore the tags and even if the user wish to add it later he/she can add the tag.
- //Addition/Deletion:// Handling addition and removal of required contents.
- //Search:// Enabled with the normal search feature as in any bookmark we could add on searching via specifying tags or checking via dates.
The Reading List comes from the idea of Community WishList,=====4.Functionalities which a normal bookmark cannot do:=====
**__Overview__**: Normal bookmarks are not associated features like adding reminders/to-do’s.
- //Adding Reminders/to-do’s:// Users would get an added advantage if they get notified by a message in X specific days that they have added a page to read and haven’t viewed it. The user gets to choose the number of days. which was a consultation made to wikimedia community members to see what important things they would like to see builtThe notification would be more like a time based notification.
=====5.Creating Groups :=====
**__Overview:__** Allow the user to share a particular page/content to a group to which he/she is subscribed. ReadFor example: Like we are having List would be implemented as an Android appa student group created by user A and A could share the particular page/content to the group too. (To be rechecked)