I'm creating this task to track development of the end of year app fundraising campaign in our six targeted countries: **Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK & US**.
I propose that we run the banners in tandem with our English fundraiser on Wikipedia, launching **December 2** and coming down at local midnight-ish on **December 31.** This is a bit longer than last year, when we ran from 11/29 - 12/20. My thinking:
- The web banner campaign will go up December 2, so makes sense to match that.
- Donation rates go up significantly at the end of the year; we should be there for that.
- Web banners do come down for a few days of a 'holiday break,' from approx. 12/23 - 12/30; if that's easy to do in-app, fine to match. Was presuming it'd be easier to just let them run.
The first step would be for @JMinor and @Charlotte to triage our list of feature requests.
- **App article fundraising**: This could be big. Josh Minor says it's negotiable for iOS, and already on the roadmap for Android (ty Charlotte). Here's our [[ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA?banner=B1920_0701_enWW_mob_p2_sm_template&country=US | current best 'small' mobile banner ]] for reference.
- **Weekday variable**: Using copy that includes weekday has proven to be very effective. This would require a simple variable (%weekday%) that outputs the current day of the week. We’re using it throughout our banner web portfolio.
- **Device variable**: In the [[ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA?banner=B1920_0701_enWW_mob_p2_sm_template&country=US | mobile small banner]], we’re using the following copy: „Donating is easy on your phone and only takes a minute.” Replacing the //phone// part with the reader’s device name (Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note, iPhone, iPad, etc.) will almost certainly be effective.
- **Visual helpers [for Android]**: In 2018, we got the red border from our current best web content into iOS; would it be possible to include in Android, too?
- [[ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1quCIDMi4RWUnBnxK3d1-M93m1zCgj0fBNxq6OWvGdvw/edit# | Agendas from our calls ]]
- [[ https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AkfYr5YKyMCuz6JwGIhM1lZD3bTTUmuy | Screenshots of last year's in-app banners ]]
Excited to work together again, on this, and very appreciative of the collaborative spirit! Did I miss anything?