This task includes the work involved with resolving mobile VE's usability issues. "Usability issues" in this context refers to improving the frustrating and clumsy parts of common edit workflows  contributors encounter once the article becomes "editable."
We are committed to increasing the number of edits on mobile, using VE.
Component to increasing the number of edits on mobile using VE, is contributors having success completing the edits they intend to make. **Issue**: the existing mobile VE experience can be feel clumsy and behave in ways contributors do not expect.
This work sits within our broader thinking that contributors will be more likely to complete the edits they set out to, when they can remain **focused** on their task at hand, without needing to spend a lot of effort doing so.
- [ ] @marcella represent "usability issues" from [Usability Concerns](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kdZsjdkwpONFcKuazJxWQqBSduN8kxBK1WuH_CB3HY0/edit#gid=961948418) in the "Usability issues we're committed to exploring" list below
- [ ] @ppelberg write "Definition of done"
###Usability issues we're committed to exploring
- [ ]Scrolling a ProcessDialog scrolls the page behind on iOS Safari T212159
- [ ]Consider providing a visible or larger area for CE when editing an empty page/creating a new page T109508
- [ ](Selections) On Android Chrome, Thai text selections next to a link can collapse unexpectedly T203555
- [ ](Selections) Selection can appear on top of toolbar T217797
- [ ](Selections) Selection dragging opens context menu on mobile, causing surface to move and breaking drag in Android Chrome T136840
- [ ](Selections) Research faking linear selections on mobile T209533
- [ ](Selections) Can't drag a collapsed selection across a reference on mobile T204387
- [ ](Selections) Mobile native selection context menu can obscure the VE toolbar T202723
- [ ]Backspace across paragraphs is broken on mobile VE (Android Chrome) T202719
- [ ]Fix the jump when opening the mobile context T96289
- [ ]Page zooms slightly when focusing document on iPhone Chrome T216446
- [ ]Tapping in the editing area of the mobile visual editor causes the page to scroll up in Firefox for Android T196839
- [ ]Mobile table editing should default to cell contents T211240
- [ ]Lack of next steps for new users on mobile devices when attempting to edit a protected page T206829
- [ ]Show anonymous/blocked editor prompts for VE mobile as well as wikitext mobile editors T220011
1. //Common edit workflows//: as defined by the features used most often in completed (read: successful) mobile VE edit sessions. See [VisualEditor on mobile report: feature use](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor_on_mobile_report#Usage_of_common_editing_features)