Wikipedia communities in some languages developed automatic or semi-automatic tools to improve the quality of language or typography. Some examples are:
# The [Wikificator](https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikificator.js) tool in the Russian Wikipedia (similar tools exist in Ukrainian, Belarusian and possibly other Wikipedias)
# The [Checkty](https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-Checkty.js) gadget in the Hebrew Wikipedia, a semi-automatic script for fixing common grammar mistakes, as well as another list of automatic replacements usually performed by a bot.
# The [orthography converter](https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-nt.js) in the Belarusian-Taraškievica Wikipedia.
# [Extra edit buttons](https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-Extra-Editbuttons.js) in the Persian Wikipedia.
# ... and many other tools in other languages.
We have decided to try and integrate LanguageTool with VisualEditor. In my original proposal (T93752) I have provided a couple of mockups that detail upon what I envision the final product to look like. I also discuss the probable architecture but that will be modified as I learn more so I am not going to include it here.
Listing out the tasks as I finalize them :-
1. Get a Labs instance and setup a LanguageTool HTTP server successfully.
- Suggested micro-task: Fix a bug related to a VisualEditor toolbar button.
- Primary mentor: Amir E. Aharoni (@Amire80)
- Co-mentor: @eranroz