We are developing a publicly accessible API portal. The work is described by the [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Core_Platform_Team/Initiatives/API_Gateway/Documentation_Plan | API Gateway documentation plan]].
As part of this project we will be launching a new wiki on which we plan to use the [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Chameleon | Chameleon Skin]], which in turn requires the [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Bootstrap | Bootstrap extension]], which in turn requires the [[https://packagist.org/packages/mediawiki/scss | SCSS library]].
#### Preview environment
The software cannot yet be installed on the Beta cluster, since it is still undergoing Security Review (T246949). In the meantime, you can preview the software at https://apigateway.wmf.labs.hallowelt.biz/wiki/Main_Page, which is the demo site maintained by the contractor, Hallo Welt, that is developing the API Portal for WMF.
#### Which code to review
- [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Chameleon | Chameleon Skin]]
- [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Bootstrap | Bootstrap extension]]
- [[https://packagist.org/packages/mediawiki/scss | SCSS library]]
#### Performance assessment
Please initiate the performance assessment by answering the below:
- What work has been done to ensure the best possible performance of the feature?
The Chameleon skin is currently in use in numerous non-Wikimedia wikis and has been developed for the with acceptable performance in mind.
- What are likely to be the weak areas (e.g. bottlenecks) of the code in terms of performance?
None have been identified.
- Are there potential optimisations that haven't been performed yet?
- Please list which performance measurements are in place for the feature and/or what you've measured ad-hoc so far. If you are unsure what to measure, ask the Performance Team for advice: [[ mailto:email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org ]].
None at this point.