Name: Ujjwal Agrawal
University: IIT (ISM), Dhanbad
IRC nick: ujjwalagrawal17
Other Contact Methods: Google Hangouts, Gitter Chat
Location: India (UTC +5:30)
Typical working hours: Between 1 pm and 11 pm UTC +5:30
// To be updated ..
After the project, a feedback sharing feature is successfully included in the Wikimedia Commons app that is shown in the My contributions section that shows the all the revisions of images uploaded by a particular user.(Including image,description,date,source,author,permission,location)
There is a feature for users to add their own suggestions on the edits. Also, there is a feature for users to see the list of links where the image uploaded by them are being used(wikis and pages).
Mentors: @maskaravivek, @josephine_l
// To be updated ..
| **Period** | **Task** |
| ------------- | ------------- |
| April 23 to May 14 | **Community bonding period.** - getting familiar with the app architecture and Wikimedia APIs|
| May 15 to June 20 | Add a view revisions button in MediaDetailsFragment , and show list of Revisions of images uploaded by the user (only images) using [Revision API](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Revisions) in Recycler View.Testing and fixing bugs in the activity. |
| May 21 to June 27 | Designing details page and Show revision details including date, time, revised image, the user who revised(including page links) , comment by user.Testing and fixing bugs in the activity. |
| May 28 to June 3 | . |
| June 4 to June 10 | . |
| June 11 to June 15 | **Phase I evaluation** |
| June 16 to June 24 | . |
| June 25 to July 1 | . |
| July 2 to July 8 | . |
| July 9 to July 13 | **Phase II evaluation** |
| July 14 to July 22 | . |
| July 23 to July 29 | . |
| July 30 to August 5 | . |
| August 6 to August 13 | Testing, Bug fixes, Writing documentation and Updating appropriate guides. Code cleanup for submission. |
| August 14 to August 21 | Mentors submit final student evaluations. |
| August 22 | **Final results of Google Summer of Code 2018 announced** |
// To be updated ..
- Week 1 (15 - 21 May)
- Week 2 ( 22 - 28 May)
- Week 3 (29 May - 4 June)
- Week 4 (5-10 June)
**Phase I evaluation**
- Week 5 (11-17 June)
- Week 6 ( 18 - 24 June)
- Week 7 (25 June - 1 July)
- Week 18 (2 - 8 July)
**Phase II evaluation**
- Week 9 (9 - 15 July)
- Week 10 (16 - 22 July)
- Week 11 (23 - 29 July)
- Week 12 (30 - 5 August)
- Week 13 (6 - 13 August)
- I will remain online on IRC, Hangouts during my working hours ( 1 pm to 11 pm UTC +5:30)
- I will write Weekly Blog Posts at (https://ujjwalagrawal.wordpress.com/) .
- I will share my blogs on Twitter.
- Write Weekly Scrum Reports and update it in my phabricator profile.
-- What did I do last week?
-- What will I do this week?
-- What is currently preventing me from reaching goals?
- I will submit a Project Presentation
**Where you plan to publish your source code**
- I will be working on a separate branch on git and uploading code to the forked repo almost on a daily basis, will be Creating pull requests when a complete feature is done.
**Communication on task**
- I will use Phabricator to manage bugs and task.
## Personal background
I am a third-year B.Tech. undergraduate at [Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad](https://www.iitism.ac.in/) . I am pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering as my Major. I have a keen interest in Android App development( I have been doing Android App Development from last 2 years). I use git and Github every day and I am well acquainted with how to use them for version control.
**How did you hear about this program?**
Heard about GSoC in a campus meetup. I am an open source enthusiast from past 1 year, I've always wanted to take part in Google Summer of Code.
**Time during Summers**
I have no other commitments this summer. So I'll be able to give 40 hours or more per week. My summer break starts on 30th April so I can start working full time from that day on. I'll not be taking any vacations. My classes start around 20th July but I will be able to commit enough time to the project as there are no exams during the period
**Eligible for Google Summer of Code and Outreachy ?**
I am applying only for GSoC as I am not eligible for Outreachy program. I am applying under Wikimedia Commons Android only.
**What excites me about this project**
I loved the goal of Wikimedia Foundation "Global movement whose mission is to bring free educational content to the world".
I would be really great for me to apply my skills and contribute to such an organization.
=== Contributions to Wikimedia Commons App
It has been an enriching experience contributing to the app and I look forward to continuing contributing to it. A list of my contributions is as follows :
**Pull Requests: **
- [Faqs added in About Activity](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1256) (Merged)
- [Rate Us feature ](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1188) (Merged)
- [Changed WebView to CustomTabs in App](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1185) (Merged)
- [Created Template for Pull Request](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1152) (Merged)
- [Created Template for Issue](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1145) (Merged)
- [Change Toolbar color](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1190) (Closed)
- [Add Option to delete the contributed image](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/pull/1142) (Closed)
** Issues: **
- [Add FAQs page in Commons App](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1246) (Closed)
- [Add Option to donate to Wikimedia Foundation](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1231) (Closed)
- [Change toolbar color to primary color](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1189) (Closed)
- [Rate Us feature in nav drawer](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1187) (Closed)
- [Adding PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md file](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1146) (Closed)
- [Adding ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md file](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1144) (Closed)
- [Change Web views to Chrome Custom Tabs in App](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1143) (Closed)
- [Option to Change Recent Uploads Design](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1140) (Closed)
- [Change LoginActivity Textview to Snackbar](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1138) (Closed)
- [Add Share app option inside app](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1138) (Open)
- [Option to edit Images in App before Uploading](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1138) (Open)
- [Change MediaDetailFragment Design](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1138) (Open)
- [Add Option to delete the uploaded image.](https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues/1138) (Open)