So far, we have not had a spike to find out what exactly would be doable to realize a solution for [[ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nVeE2QKqBg8UwjIx_LSnZdd8Nosguq3YrUdqAHhL6Mk/edit | gendered categories ]]. This ticket aims to do so.
- In languages that change nouns accordung to gender (e.g. for occupations), categories for men and women are labeled correctly.
- Potentially also: In languages that have dialects, articles in that dialect show the dialect version of the category (e.g. Erdapfel instead of potato category for an article with an Austrian topic)
**Imagined outcome of the spike**
- We have probed into different solutions, and can roughly estimate effort, complexity, risks and potential other benefits we would win
- What dependencies do we create?
- Would the community fully commit to the solution or would this be a “case by case” decision?
- How could we make it possible to search for all gendered terms?
- Plus, but not required: Would this also change the display of the category page itself?
- How internationalizable is the feature?
- Would it be possible to deal with other gender types, not just male/femaie?
- Would there be any side effects?