The ERI features being added to RC Page will be added as a beta feature on [[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Objective_Revision_Evaluation_Service#Support_table | wikis for which the relevant two ORES tests are available ]]. On the selected wikis, the ORES feature will be broadened to reflect the fact that it now includes improved filtering. Parts of this task include:
- Formulate wording changes to reflect broader scope.
- Consider whether the beta feature should be renamed.
- Redesign thumbnail graphic to reflect new data-display designs, if appropriate.
- Make a plan for the RC Preferences page on ORES-enabled wikis, which includes an option to set ORES "sensitivity". [[ https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciaal:Voorkeuren#mw-prefsection-rc | See example page on nl.wiki. ]]
Below find a screenshot of the current ORES beta (displayed on nlwiki).
# Beta feature page information
At the beta feature page, the feature will be presented as:
> **New filters for edit review**
> Filters and highlights potentially good and damaging edits. ORES machine learning algorithms help you review new edits at the Recent Changes page and more.
The description will include a link to the Recent Changes page.
# Beta feature invite
**Beta feature invite**
Initially, the new Recent Changes filters can be enabled from the beta features page. In order to make the feature more visible where it is more relevant, we can consider to provide a more prominent entry point from the current Recent Changes page:
- A popover will appear pointing to the "beta" link in the personal toolbar.
-- If the link is not present in some wiki, the popover can point to the preferences link instead.
- Users can enable the beta feature in just one click.
- A "more details" option is provided to access the information about the beta feature (it should go to the same information page linked from the beta feature page).
- Discarding the panel makes it no longer appear for the user.
After the user accepts, another popover will act as a confirmation and inform about the beta feature page to be the place to provide feedback (and disable the beta feature). In this case, the popover will vanish automatically after a few seconds.
# Quick introduction (for those **not** getting into the feature through the invite)
When the user gets to the updated Recent Changes page for the first time (by manually activating the beta feature, or because the feature became default for everyone), an introductory message is provided the first time the user reaches the Recent changes page:
- The graphic on the left represents main concepts of the system like tags and highlights. the different pieces can appear at different times as part of an animation to better communicate the dynamic nature of the filter system.
- Short sentences communicate the man points: (a) combine filters to find the contributions you want to review, and (b) new powerful filters with new capabilities are available.