This ticket involves the work with ensuring volunteers, at all projects, are aware of: 1) the results of the Reply Tool A/B test (T252057) //and// 2) how the Editing Team is approaching offering the tool as an **opt-out preference** at all Wikipedias and Wikimedia projects.
|Communication|Link to announcement |//Planned// publication date|Ticket|//Actual// publication date
|Editing Team Newsletter|[Community_Relations_Specialists/Audiences/Newsletter](https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Relations_Specialists/Audiences/Newsletter)|late-April/early-May, 2021| TICKET NEEDED|
| Mediawiiki.org (Reply Tool project page)|[Talk_pages_project/Replying](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/Replying)|late-April/early-May, 2021 |T270352|
|Tech/News|https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News| //TBD//| |
| Posts at individual projects|//TBD//|//TBD//| |
=== Announcement components
//Broadly speaking, people should finish reading each of the communications listed in the `===Announcements` section above knowing the answers to the following questions://
1. //"What is the Reply Tool A/B test leading the Editing Team to conclude?"//
-- Juinor Contributors are more likely to successfully publish comments using the Reply Tool than they are using page editing.
--- //Evidence: Of all the Junior Contributors who attempted to publish a comment to a talk page during the test, 72.9% of the Junior Contributors who had access to the Reply Tool were able to publish at least 1 comment, compared to 27.6% of all Junior Contributors who did not have access to the Reply Tool. This represents a 164% observed increase or 2.6x increase in comment completion rate. See [slide 5](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AT8ocfKCET9cda-a9Ejd6ijFrDazaNZzuGouHc3CoF0/edit#slide=id.gd291937359_0_61).//
-- The comments Junior Contributors post with the Reply Tool are less likely to be reverted than the comments they post with page editing.
--- //Evidence: 10.76% of the comments Junior Contributors posted with page editing were reverted within 48 hours of being made compared to 2.21% of the comments Junior Contributors posted with the Reply Tool. See [slide 13](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AT8ocfKCET9cda-a9Ejd6ijFrDazaNZzuGouHc3CoF0/edit#slide=id.gd291937359_0_130).//
2. //"What decision(s) is the Editing Team using these conclusions to make?"//
3. //"Where can I review the results for myself?"//
4. //"What is the best way to share the questions I have about: A) the conclusions the Editing Team is drawing from these results and/or B) the decision(s) they are using these results to make?"//
5. //"What is the best way to share the issues I think need to be resolved before the Reply Tool is offered as an opt-out preference at this project?"//
- [ ] The list of "Communications" channels listed in the `===Announcement` section is finalized (read: we have defined all of the announcements we are going to make, where we are going to make them and when we are going to make them).
- [ ] Links to said announcements are added to the table in the `===Announcements` section above