Here are the current notifications:
Currently it provides a link under the notification text to your own user page.
* The lock icon should be replaced by the "ghost/person" icon, to indicate that the notification is about a user.
* Failed logins, for known IPs/devices and new ones: There have been (#) failed attempts to log into your account since the last time you logged in.
* Successful login from new IP/device: Someone has successfully logged into your account from an unfamiliar device.
Open questions for discussion:
* What's the final decision on how many failed attempts?
* Should the second message be "unfamiliar device and/or IP"?
* The feature should include a way to log yourself out from all active sessions, as Niharika points out below. Are we able to do this? If we can, should we hold on testing until we add that, or could it be a follow-up iteration?