A key feature of the Desktop Improvements project will be a new and improved site header.
The header features:
- a new logo
- a new layout
- an improved search experience
- a button for a collapsible sidebar
- //a table of contents? will it be a sticky header? Stay tuned for more design iterations!//
Some of these features might require structural or architectural changes to MediaWiki Core.
Features are subject to change! Design is iterative and subject to user-feedback.
-  T237635 - Decide how feature management will work for the Desktop Improvements project inside Vector.
-  T240489 - A conversation around the Vector DOM structure and whether we should change it.
-  T239248 - Separate the header into a stand-alone component.
-  T232140 - Create a new logo implementation that can account for multiple types of logos (thin/long, square).
- [x] T114695 - Split out the current `$mwLogo` ResourceLoader module so it isn't loaded unnecessarily.
-  2BTASKD - Whether to use an `<img>` tag or a CSS background image for the logo.
-  2BTASKD [SPIKE] - Investigate how new logo SVGs can be created. Wikipedia has ~300 localized logos, and there are 12 Wikimedia projects to account for.
-  2BTASKD - Search might be an area to experiment with a new front-end framework as advised by the FAWG.
-  2BTASKD - Design a new search UI.
-  2BTASKD - Consult with the Search Platform team to ensure their core metrics are not impaired by the new search UI.