**Project Information **
* Name of tool/project: #SDAW-MediaSearch
* Project home page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Media_search
* Name of team requesting review: Structured Data
* Primary contact: Anne Tomasevich
* Target date for deployment: TBD. This is mostly dependent on how in-depth a security readiness review is required for this project, given that it's existing code migrated to a separate extension.
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/mediawiki/extensions/MediaSearch ([[ https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/MediaSearch/+/636499 | patch ]])
**Description of the tool/project: **
[[ https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MediaSearch | MediaSearch ]] is a new interface for searching media on Wikimedia Commons, featuring new CirrusSearch profiles, a Vue JS UI, and a new API endpoint for fetching related concepts based on Wikidata item relationships.
**Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:**
This code has been reviewed and merged into the WikibaseMediaInfo (WBMI) extension (see the commit message for the patch linked above for a list of the changes, e.g. swapping out CSS class name prefixes). The Structured Data team has chosen to pull this code into a separate extension for various reasons (increased maintainability and extensibility, lack of dependence on WBMI, clean slate so we can add a modern JS testing framework).
Wikibase, Elastica, CirrusSearch, WikibaseCirrusSearch
**Has this project been reviewed before?**
The WBMI extension was reviewed years ago, but this specific code has not been reviewed by the security team.
**Working test environment**
This code as it stands in WBMI already exists on [[ https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MediaSearch | production ]] and [[ https://commons.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:MediaSearch?type=bitmap | beta Commons ]], but we do not have a working test environment for the new extension.
Structured Data team: manager Mark Holmquist, tech lead Cormac Parle