I think the only actual change here is "ORES sensitivity".
The Preferences page for Recent Changes includes many settings. The beta RC page tools should be compatible with these settings. And all users' current preferences should carry over to the new system.
The following shows how we'll accommodate existing preferences for users of the new beta (and existing ORES beta users).
====Prefs with implications for the beta===
- **Hide minor edits from recent changes** Unselected by default. If it was selected by existing ORES users or is selected by new beta users, then activate the following filter and display it as a default in the Active Filter Display Area: Non-minor edits.
- **Hide categorization of pages** This is __selected__ by default. If it was UNSELECTED by existing ORES users or is UNSELECTED by new users, activate the following filter and display it as a default in the Active Filter Display Area: Category changes.
- **Show Wikidata edits by default in recent changes and watchlist (does not work yet with enhanced changes)** This is unselected by default. If it was SELECTED by existing ORES users or is SELECTED by new users, activate the following filter and display it as a default in the Active Filter Display Area: Wikidata edits.
- **ORES Preferences**
- **Hide probably good edits from recent changes** see T158225 (ticket on enabling ORES)
- **ORES sensitivity** see T158225 (ticket on enabling ORES)
- **Group changes by page** seems basically to work, though the summary entries (for pages that have multiple edits) are not highlighted, which is correct as far as it goes. Ideas for making this option work better with highlighting are discussed in T159896, which will be addressed in Q4.
===Prefs with no obvious implications for the beta===
The following options would not seem to have any obvious effect on the new filtering scheme. But we should be sure they continue to work as before. Some of these expand, change or reorganize RC page search results. I assume none of them would have an effect on our highlighting, but we should make sure.
- Days to show Recent Changes
- Number of edits to show in recent changes by default
- Use detailed boxes to show review status of pages
- Use small icons and minimal text to show review status of pages
- Use the default settings for each page
- Always show the stable version (if there is one)
- Always show the latest version