Although publishing directly to namespace has shown to work well as the default (T76618), we want to provide more detailed alternatives that respond to the different user needs when publishing.
This ticket proposes to include a settings menu next to the publish button (e.g., a cog icon) that provides the following options:
- **Publish in user namespace/main namespace.** This will adjust the article title accordingly for the article to be published in the right place.
- **Include a translation template.** For those communities where translations are required to be marked with a template, this can avoid some additional steps editing the published article.
- **Mark as work in progress when published.** For those articles that need some fixing that cannot be done in Content Translation, we may want to allow users to signal that the editor is still working on them. Some communities may have templates we can use for that purpose on the published article.
- **Custom edit summary.** Allows to customise the edit summary to be used when publishing. This would allow editors to indicate their contribution is part of an editathon/campaign [[ https://tools.wmflabs.org/hashtags/search/wikiarte?lang=ca | by using a hashtag ]]. The user contributed text may appear after the default one if the default is needed for attribution (i.e., point to the original article translated).
# Proposed solution
A settings menu next to the publish button would help with the discovery of the settings. This shows a dialog with three sections (individual tickets will describe them in more detail):
- **Publish destinations.** Changing the selection in the menu will update the article title. Changing the article title will keep the setting selection consistent. The option to publish in the Draft namespace, will be available only for those wikis where the draft namespace is available.
-- Publish destinations will have descriptions.
-- Publish destinations will include the draft namespace when it is available in a wiki.
- **Summary (T193727).** The content provided should not replace the automatic publish message but be added after it.
- **More options.** This should be customisable by each community, each checkbox results in the addition of a specific template that is useful to mark some relevant information regarding the translation.