This ticket involves the work with ensuring volunteers, at all projects, are aware of: 1) the results of the Reply Tool A/B test (T252057) //and// 2) how the Editing Team is approaching offering the tool as an **opt-out preference** at all Wikipedias and Wikimedia projects.
|Communication|Link to announcement |//Planned// publication date|Ticket|//Actual// publication date
|Phase 1: Wikipedias where Reply Tool is already avail. by default| | early-May, 2021| T282298 |
|Phase 2: Wikipedias participating in the Reply Tool A/B test| | early-May, 2021| T281533 |
|Phase 3: Small-to-medium Wikipedias, plus all single-language non-Wikipedias (e.g., the Wikiquotes and Wikivoyages)| | | T283866 |
|Phase 4: : Multi-lingual projects: Wikidata, Commons, Meta-Wiki, mw.org, etc.| | | |
| Phase 5: Remaining large Wikipedias (English, German, Spanish, and Japanese; maybe Russian and Portuguese) | | | |
|Editing Team Newsletter|[Community_Relations_Specialists/Audiences/Newsletter](https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Relations_Specialists/Audiences/Newsletter)|late-April/early-May, 2021| T280384|
|Tech/News|https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News| //TBD//| |
| ~~Mediawiiki.org (Reply Tool project page)~~|~~[Talk_pages_project/Replying](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/Replying)~~|~~late-April/early-May, 2021 ~~|T270352| ✅[23 April 2021](https://w.wiki/3EDa)
=== Announcement components
//Broadly speaking, people should finish reading each of the communications listed in the `===Announcements` section above knowing the answers to the following questions://
1. //"What is the Reply Tool A/B test leading the Editing Team to conclude?"//
-- Juinor Contributors are more likely to successfully publish comments using the Reply Tool than they are using page editing.
--- //Evidence: Of all the Junior Contributors who attempted to publish a comment to a talk page during the test, 72.9% of the Junior Contributors who had access to the Reply Tool were able to publish at least 1 comment, compared to 27.6% of all Junior Contributors who did not have access to the Reply Tool. This represents a 164% observed increase or 2.6x increase in comment completion rate. See [slide 5](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AT8ocfKCET9cda-a9Ejd6ijFrDazaNZzuGouHc3CoF0/edit#slide=id.gd291937359_0_61).//
-- The comments Junior Contributors post with the Reply Tool are less likely to be reverted than the comments they post with page editing.
--- //Evidence: 10.76% of the comments Junior Contributors posted with page editing were reverted within 48 hours of being made compared to 2.21% of the comments Junior Contributors posted with the Reply Tool. See [slide 13](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AT8ocfKCET9cda-a9Ejd6ijFrDazaNZzuGouHc3CoF0/edit#slide=id.gd291937359_0_130).//
2. //"What decision(s) is the Editing Team using these conclusions to make?"//
-- To proceed with the plan to offer the Reply Tool as an opt-feature at all projects. Note: a part of this "plan" involves consulting with volunteers to learn whether they see issues they think need to be resolved before the tool is made more widely available at their project.
3. //"Where can I review the results for myself?"//
4. //"What is the best way to share the questions I have about: A) the conclusions the Editing Team is drawing from these results and/or B) the decision(s) they are using these results to make?"//
5. //"What is the best way to share the issues I think need to be resolved before the Reply Tool is offered as an opt-out preference at this project?"//
- [ ] The list of "Communications" channels listed in the `===Announcement` section is finalized (read: we have defined all of the announcements we are going to make, where we are going to make them and when we are going to make them).
- [ ] Links to said announcements are added to the table in the `===Announcements` section above