# Build a Commons Extension
- It gets the url of a wikipedia file
- It checks if the licence allows it to be moved
- It creates the file on Commons, with history etcT146666 creates a Commons extension moving files there, displaying correctly who uploaded the file
- Details: In the file history,given a url. there should be one entry that says that the file was moved and who moved it and another entry saying that the template was changed to the current one
- TODO build a mockupThis task is about providing a link in Wikipedia to move files.
# Add a link to wikimedia file page
- TheAdd a link "Move to Commons" should be ato the tab next to version history (and will probably be bundled under the "More" tabbar, where appropriate.
The link is appropriate, when
- The link- the page is only there, if the licence may allow the moving of a file,a "real" wikipedia file page, i.e. if notthe page of an image that is really just on Wikipedia, it is greyed out (with the explanation in a tooltip)not on Commons
- The link is only visible with the people who have the rights (TODO WHO?)
# Allow the undoing of a file move
- users with rollback rights might undo a file move- the user is at least autoconfirmed
When the link is clicked, the file is moved to Commons with the Commons extension of T146666, and the user is redirected to the new file page on Commons.
This task does not include any special handling for specific licences.
- This will result in the deletion of the file on commons and the reinstantiation of the file on Wikipedia (files may alway be reinstantiated by people with admin rights)