# Build a Commons ExtensionT146666 creates a Commons extension moving files there, given a url. This task is about providing a link in Wikipedia to move files.
Add a link "Move to Commons" to the tab bar, where appropriate.
The link is appropriate, when
- the page is a "real" wikipedia file page, i.e. the page of an image that is really just on Wikipedia, not on Commons
- the user is at least autoconfirmed
When the link is clicked, the file is moved to Commons with the Commons extension of T146666, and the user is redirected to the new file page on Commons.
This task does not include any special handling for specific licences.
- It gets the url of a wikipedia file
- It checks if the licence allows it to be moved
- It creates the file on Commons, with history etc, displaying correctly who uploaded the file
- Details: In the file history, there should be one entry that says that the file was moved and who moved it and another entry saying that the template was changed to the current one
- TODO build a mockup
# Add a link to wikimedia file page
- The link "Move to Commons" should be a tab next to version history (and will probably be bundled under the "More" tab
- The link is only there, if the licence may allow the moving of a file, if not, it is greyed out (with the explanation in a tooltip)
- The link is only visible with the people who have the rights (TODO WHO?)
# Allow the undoing of a file move
- users with rollback rights might undo a file move
- This will result in the deletion of the file on commons and the reinstantiation of the file on Wikipedia (files may alway be reinstantiated by people with admin rights)