https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects is still complex enough that many people fail to follow all these guidelines. Recent examples are in T103700 and T118105.
Can we more often / better avoid that corrections need to be made?
I propose to have a checklist on that page which people who want to have a project can follow.
Basically (please edit / improve):
So you want a project?
* Check https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_management if you need a project
* Decide which type of project you request: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects#Type_of_project
* Come up with a clear name (see below) and a description (see below).
* Should your project not be fully public and open for everybody? If you think there are good reasons, read https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects#Policy. There are also entirely private Spaces (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects#Requesting_a_Space) which require filing a task under https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/create/?projects=Project-Creators to request their its creation.
* Are you a member of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/project-creators/ ? If yes:
** Is the project of the type "tag" or a "private/ACL" project? If so, file a task to propose and discuss the project before creating it.
** Is the project of any other type? If so, create the project and (if required for that type, see above) document its creation by adding a comment to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T103700
* If you are not member of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/project-creators/ :
** File a task under https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/create/?projects=Project-Creators which includes the Name, Description, and Type of project. If you think your project should not be fully public and open for everybody, provide good reasons.
Add to "Name" section on wikipage: as the entire community shares Phabricator's flat "Projects" namespace
Add to "Description" section on wikipage: should allow everybody, also outside Wikimedia, to clearly understand what the project is about. Adding links to more info (e.g. wikipages) is strongly encouraged.