This session will answer the following questions:
* What use cases and methods of installation and hosting should we provide for 3rd parties?
* What is the priority? Specifically do we support the packaging of extension backed services for 3rd party installation (containers or something else)?
* How do containers impact this?
= Session Themes and Topics=
* Theme: Defining our products, users and use cases
* Topic: 3rd Party
A key impediment in enterprise use of wikis is the difficulty to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade MediaWiki and all of the extensions required for a modern enterprise knowledge management platform in all but the most basic of environments. There are several efforts underway to address this issue, including meza and efforts within WMF to support containerized installation. This session will seek to identify issues, opportunities, and potential improvements with respect to MediaWiki installation.
* Daren Welsh
= Keep in mind: =
= Desired Outcomes: =
= Session Structure =
* **Define session scope, clarify desired outcomes, present agenda**
* Discuss Focus Areas
** Discuss and Adjust. ''Note that we are not trying to come to a final agreement, we are just prioritizing and assigning responsibilities!''
** For each proposition [add etherpad link here]
*** Decides whether there is (mostly) agreement or disagreement and the proposition(s).
*** Decide whether there is more need for discussion on the topic, and how urgent or important that is.
*** Identify any open questions that need answering from others, and from who (product, ops, etc)
*** Decides who will drive the further discussion/decision process (ie: a four month deadline)
* Discuss additional strategy questions [add etherpad link here]. For each question:
** Decide whether it is considered important.
** Discuss who should answer it.
** Decide who will follow up on it.
* **Wrap up**
= Resources: =
**Session Leaders** please:
 Add more details to this task description.
 Coordinate any pre-event discussions (here on Phab, IRC, email, hangout, etc).
 Outline the plan for discussing this topic at the event.
 Optionally, include what it will //not// try to solve.
 Update this task with summaries of any pre-event discussions.
 Include ways for people not attending to be involved in discussions before the event and afterwards.