==Week 1 (May 23rd - May 30th)==
- Integration of Travis-CI testing bot to my personal repository at the moment for development. This bot will be used for continuous testing and integration of the app. Once we (I and the mentors) decide on the general repository to use for development, I will just transfer the Travis settings to the repo.
- Travis-CI is configured to do the following functions;
** Post messages (build related messages) to the Wikidata feed channel on Freenode (#wikidata-feed) so as to notify others on how the development is going (just for monitoring purpose)
** When the build fails or passes, an email is sent to me also for notification.
- Here is a link to the Travis file on Github: [[https://github.com/ch3nkula/ifttt/blob/master/.travis.yml | Travis Settings on Github]]
- I and the mentors have decided a repository that I will be pushing my codes to and it's the official Wikimedia IFTTT repository that can be found here: [https://github.com/wikimedia/ifttt Wikimedia IFTTT Github app].
- Created a GSoC development branch that will be used to push my codes to on the official Wikimedia IFTTT repo. This will enable mentors to review, comment and merge my codes when its ready to the master branch.
** Main Wikimedia IFTTT repo [[https://github.com/wikimedia/ifttt | master branch]].
** My GSoC Wikimedia IFTTT [[https://github.com/wikimedia/ifttt/tree/gsoc | development branch]].
==Week 2 & Week 3 (30th May - June 12th)==
- Wrote unit test for Wikipedia Article of the Day trigger and ran a client test against the trigger and it was working correctly returning the correct result set.
- Wrote unit test for Wikipedia New Article trigger and ran a client test against the trigger and it was working correctly returning the correct result set.
- Wrote unit test for Wikipedia Word of the Day trigger and ran a client test against the trigger and it was working correctly returning the correct result set.
- Wrote unit test for Wikipedia Picture of the Day trigger and ran a client test against the trigger and it was working correctly returning the correct result set.
- At this juncture, 4 tests are working correctly (passing) out of the 6 non-database driven tests I have to write. But 2 tests are still failing. Working on these two test and also fixing some few bugs and doing code clean up.
- Wrote a Wikidata trigger with name "Item Revision" for which when a particular item in Wikidata is revised, for example(Q12345), the trigger fires and performs the respective actions.
- Developed an RSS View for Item Revisions trigger and an XML template for it for rendering of the data using the browser. The commit can be seen here on my Github account: The commit can be seen here on my Github account: [[https://github.com/ch3nkula/ifttt/commit/1bd3e5c086debb0c4e69a3903ca0878e05e59c78 | RSS View Commit]].
- Fixed bug that was causing the non-DB to fail and now all tests, including the test for my new Item Revision trigger is passing. Also, updated the read me file to contain news triggers that are being developed.
- Synchronized my online and local development Github branches with the official GSoC development branch in the Wikimedia IFTTT repo and re-committed the whole work I have done, this is because of conflicts that originated when I made a PR to the official Wikimedia IFTTT code base which was different (setup) from that of Stephen that I was using before. The working PR without any conflicts can be seen here: [[https://github.com/wikimedia/ifttt/pull/14/files | Pull Request ]]
==Week 4 (13th June - June 19th)==
- As instructed by the mentor, I started deploying me work on Wikimedia Tool Labs for integration testing with IFTTT. The mentor added me to a Wikipedia staging channel for me to do integration testing with IFTTT.
- The Wikimedia Tool Labs instance I was using is "gsociftttdev" and can be accessed by using this link