As a translator or interested MediaWiki user, if I already know the key of a message, I want to reach it with one click from the translatewiki.net main page, without special knowledge of the site's functioning being required.
Details follow if the issue is not clear enough for the reader.
Context: the new main page suppresses all the normal wiki elements, including the search bar. The new search, based on Special:SearchTranslations, doesn't search normal pages nor bring to pages with exact title matches (called "go" feature in monobook and internals, default for Vector's search). Two solutions come to my mind:
* restore the normal search bar on the main page (the new one is made visible enough by its huge size),
* make the new search work with exact title matches.
Workarounds used currently:
1) entering the page title directly in the location bar (requires knowledge of the wiki's structure and of the browser location bar's functioning),
2) entering the page title with interwiki prefix in the browser's search (requires a properly configured Firefox or other equally good browser and knowledge of the interwiki prefix),
3) reaching the actual search bar (Special:Search-based) by clicking one of the five links at the very bottom of the page, or the username link in the personal tools (requires knowledge of the wiki's structure and it's very slow).
Filed on behalf of Nnemo: <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Template_talk:Extension/Link_to_translatewiki/reply_(10)>.