Encourage Android app users to start editing by presenting them with more opportunities to make ‘micro-contributions’ to the app.
Introduce a series of small tasks which encourage more contributions from Android app users.
=== Rationale (Why are we doing this)
- **Extend usage of existing micro-contribution tool.** The (Wikidata) title description editing feature on Android has proven successful in encouraging micro-contributions.  This is a suggested next step as outlined in Phabricator task T164606.
- **Extend app knowledge of multilingual users.** This is a suggested next step after the initial improvements to the Android app's multilingual experience (see T160567).
- **Increase Android app editor retention.** Based on previous launch of editing Wikidata descriptions, and through previous community consultations , it is our hypothesis that providing more micro-contributions to the Android app will lead to an increase in in-app editor activity and retention. 
=== User stories
**As a //proven app editor of good standing//, ** I want to...
1/ ...be shown more articles requiring descriptions in the app, so that I can grow my contributions to Wikipedia.
2/ ...be shown more small app-friendly editing tasks like adding image captions, so that I can grow my contributions on Wikipedia.
**As a //proven __Multilingual__ app editor of good standing//, ** I want to...
3/ ...be shown articles with a title description that can be translated into other languages I speak, so that I can grow my contributions to Wikipedia.
4/ ..be shown more images requiring translations, so that I can grow my contributions to Wikipedia.
**As an // __App Editor Task__ tool (aka Edit Action feed) user of good standing //, ** I want to...
5/ ...rate the quality of other editors' work, so that I can become more familiar with Wikipedia editing.
== Design brief with wireframes of proposed designs
=== Core tasks
The following may be broken up into further sub-tasks.
- **// Feature/UI development: **//
- Create a "App Editor Tasks" list/feed that can be unlocked by active in-app editors T207332
- Add an in-app notification to be sent to users when they unlock the App Editor Tasks list
- Create a UI for Adding title descriptions to articles (within the App Editor Tasks list) - consider updating T164606
- Create a UI for Translating title descriptions (within the App Editor Tasks list)
- Create a UI for Adding captions to images (within the App Editor Tasks list)
- Create a UI for Translating captions on images (within the App Editor Tasks list)
- Create a UI for Rating edit quality (within the App Editor Tasks list)
- Add a place for users to view a count of all their App Editor Task Contributions
- **Additional related backlog tasks** (these relate to updating/adding editing descriptions and captions when reading articles in the app):
- **//Co-ordination tasks with other teams: **//
- **Reading Infrastructure**
- API required to fetch articles missing Wikidata descriptions in a particular language // (Relates to user story 1) //
- API required to fetch articles missing Wikidata descriptions in language A, but have a Wikidata description in language B (which can be used for translation purposes) // (Relates to user story 3) //
- API required to fetch images missing captions in a particular language // (Relates to user story 2) //
- API required to fetch images missing captions in language A, but have a caption in language B (which can be used for translation purposes). // (Relates to user story 4) //
- Co-ordinate with Wikidata on communication/consultation when expanding Android in-app editing of descriptions
- Co-ordinate with Wikidata on communication/consultation for adding Android in-app editing of image captions
- Consult with ORES team on the feasibility/desirability of creating an Android in-app version of the Edit Quality Wikilabels campaign
- **//Measurement and Testing: **//
- Plan usability research to test initial proposed concepts
- Run a second user study with Alpha prototypes
- Implement Analytics/Event logging instrumentation to measure usage of new editing tasks:
- Measure the length of sessions and edits made within the different app editing tasks
- Monitor for any change in editing activity by Android app users (2nd month retention)
- Monitor for any change in editing activity by Android app editors editing outside of the app
- Quality tracking of edits - implement instrumentation to monitor the rate of reverts from edits made within the App Editor task (setting warnings when it is above some threshold).
- **//Documentation & Marketing**//
- Update the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Android_editing_features | Android editing features ]] Mediawiki page
- Update [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ | Android FAQs page ]]
- Highlight/Promote the release of the feature via Community Engagement and/or other onwiki communication.
 Design brief (extended version of task description): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1b7-FeIdFnDrKG1ko8SbOi_EVhYzx-LON3RdyCDlrBbA
 Stats on Wikidata in-app usage